In a small building discovered in the walk between the old houses rimellesi is the Museum GB Filippa, the first museum as civic established in Piedmont.
interesting as varied and still of unquestionable value, given the time of origin of the material
It consists of several collections of rimellese Giovanni Battista Filippa, who lived between 7 and 800, which he donated to the community of his country in 1836.
And 'interesting as varied and still unquestionable value, given the time of origin of the material consists of collections of old books, coins, archaeological finds and various objects, met with great patience by this eclectic character for a long time lived adventurously away from his country Valsesian, participating among other things to the Napoleonic campaigns. The realization of the Museum named after him, that the same donor called "..gabinetto of curiosity and rare things" was possible, after his death in 1838, thanks to the efforts of the painter Maurizio Antonini and the pastor Gaudenzio Cusa; the purpose according to the donor was to give, through the heterogeneity of the material collected, the rimellesi idea of "complexity of the world."
Of course it was in the first half of the nineteenth century; things on the complexity of the world have changed a lot. However, the small Museum rimellese deserves a careful visit from which you certainly will draw a profile but perhaps naive romantic and poetic mentality that far.